Phone Messenger – 5/13/13
Good evening parents and students. This is Drew Cook, Principal of GMHS, and I’d like to provide you with a couple of brief updates on upcoming events and important dates at our school.
· First, we’d like to remind everyone that the 2013 GMHS Academic Awards Ceremony will be held tonight at 7 PM in the Main Gym. This ceremony recognizes academic excellence in all subject areas and grade levels. Invitations to the 600+ students receiving an award were mailed home last week. And while there is no formal dress code for this event, we do ask of course that students dress appropriately for the occasion so that they can look their best when being recognized. Typically the award program lasts about 90 minutes, so please plan accordingly.
· On Tuesday night, GMHS will be hosting 2nd round playoff games in both Baseball and Softball at 7 PM at Trojan Park. Please come out and support both of these Conference Championship teams as they attempt to advance in the state playoffs.
· Attention all Seniors and Parents of Seniors. The Class of 2013 Baccalaureate Service will be held this coming Sunday, May 19th at 3 PM at the Aversboro Road Baptist Church. Participating Seniors should plan to arrive by 2:30 PM and should wear cap and gown to the service. All family and friends are welcome to attend. Meanwhile, Seniors are reminded that mandatory meetings will be held on Wednesday, May 15th and Thursday, May 16th throughout the school day in the Media Center. Students unable to attend on either of these dates should see Ms. McSween or Ms. Hetrick this week.
· In closing, we’d like to remind everyone that our EOC and MSL Exam Prep sessions in 6 different subject areas continue to be available each week. Sessions for English 9, English 10, Earth Science, Biology, and Common Core Math I will be offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30-4 PM, with World History available on Mondays and Wednesdays. Transportation will be available via activity buses that will run each day at 5 PM. These sessions are in addition to after-school tutoring already offered by individual teachers in multiple subject areas.
· Thank you parents and students. And as always, a copy of this phone message can be accessed beginning tomorrow morning on the GMHS website. Have a good evening!